Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Since August 13, 2010 We.........

Have spent a day on the lake I grew up going to. This shot reminds me of so many Saturday afternoons I spent sitting on the dock with my Mom waiting for my Dad and Michelle to make a trip down the main channel before we would take off in the boat for the day.
My Dad and the boys launching the boat.

I remember growing up, being behind the boat as a kid and wishing I was better. I always thought it would be soooo cool to be a skier at Sea World Orlando.


My Dad and Nik. Nik is Grandpa's best buddy.
Zak riding the tube. Me wishing we made it to the lake more often so he could learn to ride a ski or a board.

Ditto for Nik.


After a long day at the lake we had a family dinner. This is Bella's first time with sweet corn. She loved it!


Yummy! We made her cry when we took the finished piece away from her. However, the tears dried up quickly when we gave her a new ear.
My family gathered around my parent's dinning room table. I remember as a child dusting this thing and wondering why we had it. We NEVER ate at it, so what was the point. I guess my parent's saw ahead better than I did.

The other end of the table. I told my sister I was taking photos, so her goofy expression is her own fault:)
Potty trained the princess. I told her if she would go poop on the big girl potty I would take her to Chuckie Cheese. By the way at the time she had no idea what CC was. Places like CC make me very nervous. Poor kid has never been in a play piece at a McDonalds or some where like it. I was desperate though. Well, three weeks ago this Friday she finally pooped on the potty! So, I had to make good on my promise!

Cheers Mommy! I am a big girl now!
She loved the "rides" and the games were just ok.
Mommy showing Bella her mad skeeball skills!

We had a visit from the Hayes'. Bella loved playing with Liam. She still asks when "that boy Yiam" is coming over to her house.
Enjoying some water time on a really really hot day!
No hot summer day of water play at home is complete without some watermelon!

The little ones loving their snack!
Bella right before I had 3 inches of her hair cut off. I would have posted an after shot, but she would not participate in the photo shoot the day of the hair cut, and since then I have forgotten about it.


Memphis had a three week spell of super hot weather. Here Bella is riding the "foresy" at the mall.


And, finally we started back to MOPS! This year there ended up being a job opening at St. Ann. I was really sad when I was past up for the position, but once school got started and Bella and I got to start spending some time together just us, I felt a lot better about not working full time!
I am looking forward to seeing our photo at Christmas and at the end of the year to see how much my monkey has changed.












































1 comment:

Kelley said...

I can tell you guys had a great time, the pics are worth a thousand words. Why did you cut little bit's hair??? :(