Friday, September 24, 2010

My Little Phelps Not My Little Manning

Zak is not our aggressive one. He played football the last 2 years, but he just was not that into it. I was disappointed this summer when he told us he did not want to play and I tried to to talk him into. However when it came down to it, only he could make the decision not to play. I gave him the option of playing golf or soccer, running cross country, or swimming and he chose swimming. I was really happy with his decision because I felt he would excel at this sport. He started mid August and was ready to swim his first meet last weekend. He was really nervous, but he did great! His coach tells us he is a natural. He needs to perfect his strokes and gain some endurance, but we think Zak has found his sport too! We were really proud of him last weekend and we are looking forward to the rest of his meets!

Right before his first event.

He was so nervous. Poor guy!
And, he is off! He needs some work on entry and turns.


Go...Go....Go



Heading into the last bit of the race.



Ready for event #2 for the day!



Looking good in the 200 backstroke.

No comments: