Thursday, February 25, 2010

Happy Birthday Zak!

Happy Birthday Zachary A. Kennedy

Today 13 years ago your mom and dad decided to go ahead and let the doctors deliver you. You were 13 weeks early, but your mom could not be given any stronger meds to stop her contractions. There was some worry about how ready you were for the outside world. You spent the next 7 weeks in the NICU. Your mom visited with you numerous times a day. She loved you so much!

You came home and your mom and dad's journey as parents began. Dad deployed a few months after you arrived home and your mom had her hands full for the next 7 months.

I missed the first 4 years. I only know the stories I will never forget! I have cherished the last 9 years! You are my special someone.

What are you up to at 13 years old?
  • You attend St. Ann Catholic School in Bartlett Tn
  • You make great grades
  • You have a great group of young men you are apart of
  • You love video games
  • You are very immature, but in a good way
  • You are 5'6"
  • You only weigh 104lbs
  • Your favorite food is chicken nuggets and french fries with a side of hot wings
  • Dad and I let you walk to *Bucks on Fridays with your friends and I never worry you will do anything but make me proud
  • Your friends' parents think the world of you
  • You play football in the fall and wish you could snowboard more often
  • Your favorite clothes come from Ambercrombie and American Eagle
  • You have a cell phone, but rarely you charge it or take it with you places:)
  • You are not interested in girls....dances.....or going to the movies alone
  • Your baby sister adores you! You two have a special bond!

Your dad and I are so proud of you. I am so sad that you are a teenager. I know that time is really going to fly now. Before I know it, you will be picking high schools, then colleges. Please continue hold onto your faith and follow your heart!

Our best!
Mom and Dad

1 comment:

Kelley said...

I can't believe this child is 13. They seemed so young when I first met them, wasn't that yesterday? :)