Sunday, October 11, 2009

ok....judge me

I put SODA in a bottle for Bella tonight! I know, me.....I have sworn off soda to her, and even made fun of people that I have seen put soda in a bottle for their kids. But, she is still not feeling great, and not that easy to take care of so when she asked for my soda tonight I gave in. I really did not want her drinking from my cup since I am trying to avoid getting sick, she did not want the soda put in a sippy cup, so I offered it to her in a bottle. A bottle one reads....yes, my child that will be 2 in 6 weeks still drinks from a bottle twice a day. I am admitting all this because I am feeling a little embarrassed by the bottle, her paci, and the fact that I have no desire to start potty training. Is there something wrong with me?
Should I just suck it up and cold turkey the bottle and paci? I think I enjoy the bottle time as much as Bella does. She takes a bottle while rocking as soon as she gets up in the mornings and while rocking before she goes to sleep at night. I love her paci as much as she does; I am sure of this one! I need her to still have the paci at night. I try to keep pacis in the "big girl" jar, but she gets one every now and then when we are out.
When do you think I should start no kidding potty training? I kept telling my Mom I did not want to start training until football was over. Well, that is in a week and I just really do not want to get under way with potty training yet. Bella is showing no signs of wanting to go on the big girl potty(occasionally she will sit on the potty because she sees me sitting there and she announces when she poops occasionally). Help guys....input needed and greatly appreciated!!

1 comment:

Wendy Martin said...

I'm in no position to judge- I'm afraid Ally is going to be taking a bottle to kindergarden! As far as I'm concerned- when Bella is sick, all bets are off. I'd have to raise an eyebrow if you gave her soda in her bottle every day, but once in a blue moon isn't going to kill her.
As for the potty training- I say do it when she's ready. If she's not really showing signs don't stress about it.
You're doing a great job- keep up the good work!
Love,
Wendy