Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Because I was looking for a punishment.....

Are there ever times in your life when you wake up and think WOW this is a great idea? I had one of those mornings on Thursday last week. I had cleaned out the boys closets a month or so ago and know they needed some new clothes. So, Thursday morning I decided Saturday morning would be spent buying them new clothes and shoes. I wanted to take the two of them together to get it out of the way, but I had hoped that Larry would keep Bella. Ooops I forgot it is hunting season and he is not able to help in any such way. So, come Saturday morning I head out with three kids on a quest to find jeans, "good" tops, sweat pants, and shoes for the boys. For the record the boys would rather been at home cutting the grass with scissors, so you can imagine the mood of the morning. I (of course) have searched the Internet and found all the best deals and have a budget set. We made it out of Target $1.50 under budget....yah me! Do not ask about the rest of the purchases. Let me just say when it came time to buy the shoes, Zak got a pair of original Wallabees(which I swore I would NEVER pay what they want for them for a 12 year old, BUT) and Nik got a pair of Timberland boots. Truth be told, the store had the right sizes and I was so tired I did not care how much they cost as long as my credit card was accepted! Mark my word....I will NEVER do that again(the taking 3 kids shopping)! From now on they will get to go separately and Larry will be on babysitting duty.

To top the weekend off, I decided in August it was a good idea to volunteer one night to be a chaperone at the Jr High Fall Dance at school. Honestly the dance was far easier than the shopping!

No comments: