Monday, June 22, 2009

Messy Monday

The photos are first because I have been trying for a day to upload the video and the text will not move. Not sure why I cannot get the video to upload, but I am no IT so I am done trying.....

I think it needs a little sunshine....
So focused on what she is doing....

Now what?


Hey mom I am busy here can you put the camera away....

So, what does a Mommy do with three kids when the heat index is going to be 102-108 degrees? She takes them to the uniform shop to buy school uniforms. Great idea, right? Nope, she should have checked the uniform store's website to see that they were CLOSED on Mondays. Ok, on to plan "B". She takes them to Target to buy their shorts and pants for the upcoming school year. Like all others Moms she leaves with $125 worth of stuff she could have/should have left on the shelves. Two of the items this Mommy decided to buy were a box of finger paints and a roll of art paper. Bella is old enough, right? Sure she is. So, we headed for home. Shortly before we arrived home I was full of anxiety, what had I done? For those of you that know me really well, you can understand why the thought of allowing Bella to finger paint was causing me anxiety. I am a neat freak to say the least and anything that is meant to make a mess provides me with a little anxiety. The following is how the rest of the afternoon played out; we arrive home, I feed Bella and the boys lunch, I tape paper to the kitchen table, get Bella's booster seat strapped to the chair, open all the paints, put the paint on plastic dishes, strip Bella down, and let her go to town. The very first thing she did was stick her hand in the yellow paint and then lick her hand....calm down it was non-toxic, but apparently not very tasty because she had a pretty funny look on her face. I took the plunge and stuck my fingers in the paint and showed her what to do with the "stuff" in front of her....ahhhh she got it! That was all it took to provide her with about 30 minutes of entertainment. Amazingly it was not nearly as messy as I anticipated and the best part of it all is that I have a beautiful painting from my lil angel!

No comments: