Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Start to Finish

Saturday was beautiful in Memphis. After our trip to Downtown we came home and spent another hour outside playing ball with all three kids. My Dad was in Heaven tossing the ball around with the boys. Even Bella took part in the action tossing a pink Princess ball to Grandpa. Bella was really tired, so I put her down for a nap and left her with the guys while she slept. Mom, Grandma, and I went out to the base to window shop for a little while and the guys watched a movie. When we returned home Bella was up and ready to go again.

This is when the Easter festivities began:

Bella and I just after she placed her first egg in the dye. She did not break one. She did a really good job except for wanting to put her hands in her mouth after she took them out of the dye....Yuck!
There it is. Of course it is in pink dye.

Get it out Mommy; I want it back was her reaction. I am giving her kisses to distract her.


That is it....I will get it out myself!



Bella, Grandma Debbie, Great Grandma and Zak working hard on our egg art.

Grandma Debbie, Zak, and Bella ready for Bella's first Easter Egg Hunt to begin.

Bella found her first egg.....with a little help.

Another one. When she spotted the eggs she would get so excited. She would run to it, toss it in her basket and sign more. The boys were big helps in helping her find the eggs. Even Suzie helped her find one. Too bad Suzie tried to eat it.
Bella was not able to carry her basket so she drug it behind her.

Hey there has to be more!
Yeah, I found one more. This year the Bunny went easy on her. They were just laying out in the yard. Next year he may get a little more tricky.

My beautiful family!

My kids are so beautiful!
Bella stops hunting for a photo with Mommy.

The Bunny left all kinds of goodies!
The boys digging in.
Bella loves the stroller and the Ducky the Bunny left for her.
Bella and Grandma Debbie chatting.
Here Grandma you try one.
My Easter Table.
Bella and her first chocolate bunny!

Bella eating the ears. Like her Mommy she loves chocolate. We were teasing her and asking for a bite and she would pull her hands in close to her body and shake her heard no.
Our Easter dinner consisted of a ham, deviled eggs, spinach souffle, fruit, dip, rolls, family and our good friends the Gaines family. We sang our praises to our Almighty for all the gifts we are blessed with!

There is it, Easter 2009 in an "eggshell". Easter this year was a blast. I am sure Bella did not put any of it together, but she did take part in the traditions. Bella's age is so much fun. On the other hand, I was saddened by the boys reaction to Easter this year. They did not want to go see the Bunny, Nik did not want to help dye eggs, and they wanted to hide the eggs for Bella vs hunt them. It is tough to see your kids out growing such innocent things. I know this is a natural progression in life. And, I am pretty sure if they still believed a 6 foot bunny hopped into the house and hid eggs we would be worried about them. That said is was still sad today to see some of their childhood has slipped away.

Happy Monday!
























1 comment:

Kelley said...

What a cute dress! I'm glad you guys had a wonderful Easter. :)