Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Are you kidding me??

So, in an effort to cut all ties to Illinois and stop living the dream we will ever return there Larry and I have decided to sell the house there and close the bank account we have there. I have been on the phone for 2 hours with some of the coolest folks ever and some of the dumbest folks ever! OMG....
Example of conversation to timeshare co....
Me: state name and calling on Larry's behalf
Dumb Guy #1: You are not on the account
Me: yes I am. I just booked a vacation with your co last week.
DG#1: Yes, but you are not authorized to make payments.
Me: wanted to reply WTF~so I can steal Larry's time at a resort, but I cannot pay you??
Result.....NOPE, Larry will have to call to give the info I easily could have given. I get the whole i.d. fraud thing, but do ya really think if I wanted to give em' money I was stealing an identity??

Call # 2 MLGW Power Co
Me: state name
Lady on other end: Confirm address
Me: Confirm address
Lady: give me all the info you want changed
Me: whew! I will be successful with this one! Give all the info....new checking accountt number ect.....have the date we will now be billed....thinking I am in the clear!
ERRRRT!!!! Oops....she is sorry. I will have to manually fill out all the info on the forms she is going to send me in the mail tomorrow. Again, WTF~ why did you ask me all the info in the first place?

Call #3 Wells Fargo ****Note this in the BIGGEST monthly payment we have set up on Auto pay
Me: state loan #
Gene(oh sweet man): Thank you now confirm your last 4
Me: last 4
Gene: What is the new routing #
Me: Routing #
Gene: new account #
Me: new account #
Gene: Please listen to the terms and conditions of what you are asking Wells Fargo to do.
Me: listen....press 1 to accept......Gene comes back on line and WHAM just like that I have changed the auto pay for 3.1.09!
My friends how in the hell is it so easy to pay my mortgage, but the power co needs a sig????

I will tip my hat to Verizon, USAA, and the City of Bartlett because they also made this process painless. The other two co.....AHHHHH!

Gripe #2....My oven broke 2 WEEKS ago this coming Sat. Yep....2WEEKS! One would think in this "starving economy" I would have had a repair guy at my house the next day. Nope, it took till last Sat. Well, I miss Nik's basketball game to wait for Mr Repair Man only to have him call me and say I know "a" is wrong with your oven, so I will order the part on Mon, receive it on Tues and be out on Wed to fix it. I did not hear from them yesterday so I called this am. Oooops they forgot to order it....thus, no "fix-e" today! Are you kidding me....I will not have a working oven till Monday now! I am dying here friends. I NEED/WANT my oven in working order!

Wow, I feel better now. I really needed to vent.

Now, on to happier news. Last night our dear friend Ann Marie came over for dinner. We had such a good visit and look forward to her next one.

1 comment:

Wendy Martin said...

What did you have for dinner with Anne Marie if the oven was broken? ;-)
Sorry for all the frustration- it is a pain in the neck to deal with those people. I tried calling Honda Finance yesterday to straighten out a billing error and they wouldn't talk to me since the car is in Matthew's name. Same thing- I was trying to give them money- Hello McFly! Jeez!
Have a great day!
W