Sunday, June 13, 2010

And They are Off.....

to Boy Scout Summer Camp for a week! The boys excitedly tossed their well packed stuff into the back of a pick up truck and headed off to Scout Camp today. They tossed me a kiss and a one arm hug and they were off. I of course got in the car and cried. When did I close my eyes long enough to miss them growing up? Can I please hit the rewind button and get back all the days I was too tired to play one more board game? Can I have back the missed opportunities to take one more bike ride with them? Have I done a good job? Will they be ok this week without me? I have to trust that I have done my best and that I am the only one that remembers I passed up small moments in time to stop and play with them. I have to trust they will remember where home is forever and that they will always want to come back. For those of you with little ones that are tired and cannot wait for them to walk, talk, bath themselves, ect; stop before you know it, it will all happen. You soon will be like me, wondering where it all went!

I am so grateful to have the older dudes. I can honestly say I do a much better job not missing out on the little things with Bella.

No comments: