Sunday, January 31, 2010

Confessions of a Stay at Home Mom....1

I have decided to write down my short comings(a few at a time) in hope that writing them down will help me over come them or at least get better at dealing with them. So, after weekly Mass I will write down what I am praying to improve weekly. I was going to start this 4 weeks ago.....let's see how long it will take for me to stop:)

1.) I loose my temper with the kids over stupid things. This week I will ask the Blessed Mother for patience. She did not loose her temper when Jesus stayed in the temple and she thought she had lost him.

2.) I suck at being a wife. I have some ridiculous notion of what marriage should be and I am starting to realize I am WAY OFF! This week I am going to pray that I allow love to be present in everything I do for Larry. I will be patient, kind, not boastful. I will not harbor ill feelings for things that happened in the past. I will meditate on "faith, hope, love remain, but the greatest of these is love."

3.) Instead of being consumed in my own life, I will call at least two friends this week and not complain about my life. I will listen to them with an open heart. After we talk I will pray for them and their families.

4.) Instead of complaining and having ill feelings towards the job. I am going to embrace my job as Mardi Gras Chair. I will not allow the negative talk about the event become my talk. I am going to pray for God's grace in getting through the next two weeks.

5.) I am going to loose 4 pounds this week. I will not litter my body with stuff I do not need. I will cook healthy food for my family. I will not eat to eat, but to sustain life.

I have enough to pray for in the above 5. If you know me well enough I ask for your prayers and support too. If you think you need a spiritual renewal, I challenge you to do it. I have steered away from God and this is the year I am getting back on track. I am one in Christ and I need Him in my life. I will continue to read 1Cor chapter 12-31 over and over till I can live it!

God Speed my readers(the 3 of you)!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

jana........i loved your blog today. i can see myself in each and every one of your posts; except the mardi gras one! i didn't know you were chairing it this year! how's it going?

Wendy Martin said...

Thanks for making me one of your phone calls today. I enjoyed our chat and I'm proud of you for taking on this challenge. I'm not brave enough to do it now (nor do I have enough time!) but maybe some day soon I'll try it too. I'll pray for your success... if I can stay awake long enough!
Love ya!