Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sick Mommy, Birthday Boy, and a Trip from G-Ma

Me trying to be "creative"
Most adorable 6th grade boys one could find!

Zak helping Bella bowl

Zak's birthday kiss!

Zak and his homemade cake!
****I cannot figure out how to get the photos in the body to go along with what I have to say so you bloggers out there that can help.....advice needed and wanted****

On Tuesday I took Bella to her "well baby" 15 month check up. To my surprise, I was the one that needed to be seen by the doctor on Tuesday. I woke up that morning feeling queasy but chalked it up to having to take Bella to the doctor. Thankfully we had an early morning apt. because by noon Mommy was not able to hold anything in. Yuck! By the Grace of God I was better by Wednesday afternoon and back on my feet totally by Thursday.

Wednesday Zak turned 12.....that means only 3 more birthdays till he can drive a car! No way....not happening....how can I let my kids in a car without a responsible adult driving? Anyway, I still have time to digest that thought, so I will focus on this year. We had a party for him Friday night complete with bowling, pizza, hot wings, a Madden Football Tourney, and ice cream cake. He and his 10 closest buddies had a blast and I was happy to provide the entertainment for them.

Thursday after work I was a Clorox queen! I have been told before one could preform surgery on my floors. After Thursday night, one would be correct. There were no "germies" in this house....that was till Larry came home Friday night with an upper respiratory flu! I have been following him around with a Clorox wipe and praying none of the kids get it. I had a scare at Mass tonight when Nik turned white as snow and I felt like he was going to puke. Thankfully it looks like he just got hot kneeling and is fine.

Friday afternoon brought Carla for a visit. We took the kids out for some errands yesterday. As we were leaving Larry told me to not be out to long because we were supposed to get snow....yah right...it was 70 on Friday! I listened however and made it home about 45 minutes before Mother Nature dumped 9 inches of snow on us! It was beautiful and is the longest lasting snow we have seen here!















No comments: