Monday, January 19, 2009

Not Invisible

Can you believe Mommy let me have a chocolate cookie?

Enjoying snack time at Barnes and Noble with Daddy, Zak, and Nik
I am so tired from all the playing at the gym!




I love it here Mommy!

Bella and her buddy Will.




Come on Sarah Jane lets get outta here.






I love this "jumpy thing".
The above photos recap the last week. Bella and I started going to a local gym to play on Fridays. This weekend was full of family time and it wore Bella out! She did her very best to keep up with the Boys all weekend. We hired a new sitter this weekend and it worked out great! The kids love her....all 3 of them! Larry and I were impressed with her too. This week we are starting Kindermusic on Tues, we have MOPS on Thurs, and CSI gym on Friday. No cabin fever this week!

If you read my last post you understand my title. I decided this past week, I am not invisible. In fact my boys see me all the time. They see me carrying in groceries and do not offer to help, they see my carrying their laundry upstairs, and say nothing, they even see me cleaning their bathroom and you guessed it they ask if I am about done because they need to use it. The thing is they also see me when they say thanks for the ride to the basketball game, thanks for looking over my homework, dinner was great tonight, and most importantly they see me walk by their rooms one last time at night and they whisper "good night mom I love you"! So, they do see me. Bella sees me too. She sees me first thing in the morning and I am the last person she sees at night. She sees me all day because I have decided that all I worked for in getting a Master's degree cannot pay me enough to not see her all day! I know Bella sees me because she kisses me now, she hugs me, and right before I put her in bed she will lay her head on my shoulder and pat my shoulder. So, my "cathedrals" are looking good as far as I am concerned.
It is tough however. This being a mom thing. I celebrate my 29th birthday today. I cannot believe how much I thought I would have accomplished by now. Looking back at being 18, I remember having college in front of me. At 21 excited to be almost done with school and exploring potential jobs. At 22 I was in love with Larry and by 23 I was going to be marrying him in 9 months. All I thought I wanted changed the day he asked me to marry him. I "gave" it all up. Sometimes, especially the last few days I question my decision. I do feel at times I cheated myself out of the "party". Like I missed something. I realize however, what I missed can never take the place of what I gained. Although it is tough at times having 3 kids at 29 it is more often then not a breeze! Something that I live for.
So as I stand at the edge of 30 I am excited to be where I am. Some days I am exhausted and wish I had a one bedroom apt in my favorite city(Chicago) but most days I thank God he choose this path for me!














2 comments:

Wendy Martin said...

Happy belated birthday-sorry we didn't get a chance to talk yesterday. Hope it was a great day and that all of your 'cathedrals' appreciated you and took care of you for a change.
Love the new pics- Bella looks like she's having a lot of fun with her activities. I'm looking forward to being a SAHM soon so Ally and I can get involved in all those fun things.
XO
W

Kelley said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! I hope you enjoyed your day. The pic of Bella in the grocery cart cracks me up!